Thursday, November 15, 2007
The Search Game
- work with a partner
- find the fewest number of hits per search
- find the correct answer to the question
- use no more than 10 keywords per search
- keep a record of your keywords
- use quotation marks when terms need to be found together like this: "war of 1812", "Remembrance Day"
- use a minus sign to exclude words from your search like this: bears -Chicago or -teddy
- use site operators such as site:edu, site:gov or site:org to limit your search like this: Canada confederation history site:org
1. How high was the tidal wave generated by the Halifax explosion?
This game has been adapted from an article by Katrine Watkins and Kathleen Elder. The Google Game.